We're baaaaaaaack! Lots to catch up on, so we'll start with Thanksgiving and sprinkle a few older items throughout the week. So many things to be thankful for! The short list:
- Hotels with swimming pools! We had a great time visiting family over Thanksgiving, and found out what a blessing indoor swimming pools are. The kids loved, loved, LOVED it!
- Laid-back family. It was so nice to spend some time in a low-key environment to recharge our batteries. Dad and Louise were the perfect host & hostess!
- Good food. Louise whipped up a great dinner, Jimmy made an awesome broccoli/rice casserole, and Aunt Darci made some homemade macaroni and cheese that still finds its way into my dreams. My mouth is watering a little right now, to be honest.
- Black Friday shopping! Louise and I found some great buys on Friday morning, and were back before anyone missed us.
- Aunt Judy! She gave me 2 pairs of shoes and a mess of clothes when we were home! AWESOME. I need to start hitting the treadmill again (SOON) so I can fit into some of them. :-)
- Kids that travel well. They did great in the car, and we didn't have any problems on the road.
|Shirts made with their handprints|
|I think Grandpa was singing. :-)|
|Grandpa reading to Graham|
|Grandma and Blake perusing catalogs|
|Jimmy & Joshua|
|Thanksgiving dinner 'kids table'!|
|Treats for Sophie's preschool class|
|The boys thought they were chickens!|
|My cousins Matt & LeAnn|
|Uncle Leroy & Aunt Judy|
|At the T-Rex restaurant! This dinosaur came inches from Brent's head. |
He acted like he was going to kiss it, but that picture didn't come out--drats!