I had every intention of being "on time" with my GratiTuesday post this week, darn it! I had a little surgery on Monday to have some lymph nodes removed along the left side of my neck. Here's a picture taken at the surgery center after the doctor marked me with a surgical marker. We're waiting on the biopsy results.
This week I am thankful for:
- My doctor's gentle bedside manner.
- The staff at the surgery center for being so warm and calm.
- My anesthesiologist. After hearing about the troubles I've had with general anesthesia, he consulted with the surgeon and made some changes to the anesthesia they used during surgery. I handled it MUCH better than in the past.
- Kelly, who stayed during the surgery and took me home (with brief stops at the pharmacy and the chinese restaurant for soup)!
- Pain medication!!
- Barbara Jean and Brooke for bringing dinner Monday and Tuesday night.
- Sharon for being with me Monday evening and Kelly for being with me Tuesday evening--they both got the kids ready for bed and tucked in for me. I can't lift the kids yet, and bedtime is a full-contact sport!
- I understand that friends from church will bring dinner for the next three nights...how AWESOME is that?? I'm back at work today, and already can tell that I won't be up to cooking tonight. I'm not sure who to thank for organizing that yet...but I think it might be my friend Laurel...
- Friends and family who have called or e-mailed. Waiting on the results is the hardest part.
I'm sure I'm leaving something or someone out...this week has been kind of a "fuzzy flurry". The kids are really cute--I showed them my bandages and told them I have an "owie." Every now and then they'll touch me and say "You have an owie, Mommy?" (which comes out sounding something like "Oohabanowiemommeeee?").