Happy Thanksgiving!! In honor of the day (and due to the week slipping by me), this is our GratiThursday list for the week:
- Health! Last year Blake and I spent Thanksgiving in the hospital. Today we're all together as a family and the kids are healthy!
- Friday I met up with a group of fabulous ladies to see "New Moon", the new Twilight movie. It was a great day and a great movie! I'm so grateful to Christy for organizing it, Jen & Sarah for being my driving partners, and Meagan and Melissa for welcoming a new friend into the group. It was so much fun!! Here's a picture of our "group":
- Dad saved the day again! While in KC with the "movie girls", I met up with Dad to get a new icemaker for the *possessed* refrigerator and parts for the *possessed* dishwasher. Woo hoo! Hopefully these will do the trick. (Dad, can you do anything about a 20-year old TV that's showing spots and rainbows during TV programs?? Does that mean a tube is bad?? Do TVs still HAVE tubes??)
- Kelly and Roger got a new couch, and gave us their old love seat! One of their dogs had chewed up the bottom, so I got a chance to try my hand at furniture repair. Here's the before and after--not too shabby, eh?? :-)
- My friend Kim, who is always willing to share when she has an abundance.
- My friend Brooke, who invited Brent and I to join their Small Group (Home Team) for our church. Since our church is so big, the church encourages Home Teams to meet during the month so you have a smaller group to feel connected to.
- My friend Sharon and her kids, who watched the kids while I went to our first Home Team event (Brent was working, but will hopefully join us next time!!). The kids had a BLAST at her house, but I'm pretty sure they traumatized the poor guinnea pig. When I saw it, it looked like it needed a little valium... Also, Blake tried to eat a small gourd from their Fall display... (I wonder if Sharon will ever invite us back??) :-) She fed them dinner, and was surprised by how much they could eat! HA!! I told you, they can attack some groceries...I promise I feed them at home. :-)
- My friend Fran, who invited us to have Thanksgiving dinner with her family today. We're looking forward to it!