Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bathtime and Shenanigans

I'm lucky to spend a lot of time with Jessica and Elly when our husbands are working evenings, except that Jess is an awesome cook and I feel like I'm getting fatter by the minute. When Brent is working I spend a lot of time alone with the kids, so it's nice to have the company!! If anyone wants to join in on the fun, COME ON OVER! I'm almost always around, and if you don't mind the noise and the mess, I'd love to have you! :-) The more the merrier!

These pictures are from this week--the girls thought they needed to help me give the boys a bath! Don't they look helpful?!


The boys woke up from their naps the other day, and I could hear them on the monitor "talking" to each other and laughing--not just a giggle, but a full belly laugh. When I went in, I saw Graham standing in his crib with his arms in Blake's crib. Blake was pulling on his crib toy with all his might, and I saw that Graham had untied it! Aren't they mischievous?! Look closely at the third picture--can you see Graham's eyes peeking through the slats of the crib??


I have to admit, the first several months with the boys was more work than fun. Don't get me wrong, we really enjoyed them during those first several months, but sleep deprivation and lack of a routine made it a LOT of work. Now we're getting to the stage where they're mobile and expressive, and I'll tell you...THIS TWIN THING IS FUN STUFF!! We spend a lot of time laughing at their expressions and activities these days. Sophie thinks they're a riot until they crawl on her and pin her down...then she loses all humor about it!

Jess and I spent the day at fabric stores (we're taking a sewing class starting next week), and took the kids to McDonalds for lunch and play. We picked out cute patterns of outfits to make for the girls...and now I feel like I'm heading to home ec class! We met our teacher today, and she was wearing a polyester suit (handmade, I'm sure) and had her hair in a bun. One of her first questions to us was "Who's watching the kids? Dad, I hope?" Jess told her we'd be bringing them to class with us, and I think the lady is more than a little fearful that she was serious! I offered to bring wine, too, and I think she wanted to faint. Hee hee!! She's totally wishing she was charging us more--we might be the first two students to get expelled...I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: