Happy GratiTuesday! This week I'm thankful for:
- Our friend Karie handed down a turtle sandbox to the kids. They are CRAZY about their new sandbox! Brent got it to fit under the slide of our swingset, but he had to cut the turtle's head off...which feels very, very wrong. He made it look really nice by filling in around the sandbox with gravel. Anyone else would think it's a neat round sandbox--you can't even see its feet under the gravel. For me, however, it's kind of like Edgar Allen Poe's "Telltale Heart"...I KNOW that under that decorative rock lies a headless turtle. Freaky.
- Birthday parties! A surprise party was given for my friend Christy's 40th birthday, so I made a trip to LaCygne for the soiree. She was surprised! There were over 50 people in attendance, and I loved seeing her laughing and having fun. It was nice to see her friends and family--many that I've 'adopted' as my friends, too!! Happy birthday, Christy!!
- Brent had to work, so the kids and I roadtripped alone. The kids did GREAT! Surprisingly well, actually. Now I feel a little more confident about making a trip like that with them alone, so we can do it more often. (Check out this first picture...Blake's sunglasses are upside down! The kids wore those glasses on the WHOLE drive, even when we had to stop for a potty break.)
- Dad and Louise met up with me and took the kids while I went to the party. I even got to drive Dad's new Chevy HHR...new car smell and all!
- Dad bought a new battery for the Jeep, and the kids could have driven it all day.
- This weather! Today was 70 degrees here, and we spent the evening with the windows open. Blake fell asleep in his dinner, so I snuggled him up on the couch for a while while he napped. The breeze coming in the windows felt great.
- Our neighbor stopped by tonight to show the kids a baby bunny. I'm so glad she did! The kids LOVED it, and Graham gave it kisses. They all liked petting it, and Sophie kept asking to hold it. They're usually a bit fearful of animals, but not this bunny!
- Brent's aunt sent us the nicest note tonight--she's so encouraging and uplifting. Everyone needs an aunt like her in their lives--we love you, Aunt Jenny!!!!