Wow, I'm getting this in under the wire, aren't I?? Nothing like waiting until the last minute!
Another wow--I'm getting really bad about posting with pictures, aren't I?? Seriously...I need to get my act in gear!
Thankful for this week:
- Dad drove all the way down here to spend a few hours with Brent working on an electrical project. Brent is so excited to have that project finished, and couldn't have done it without Dad's help! THANKS DAD!
- I finished painting the kitchen! I'm hoping to start on the living room soon.
- My new phone arrived and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! So VERY simple to use. (However, I did stop by Best Buy this evening to see if they sell electronic calendars--like Palm Pilots or other brands--and the guy practically laughed at me. He looked at me like I was sooo behind the times.)
- Brent worked like a DOG today raking all of the leaves in the yard and vacuuming them up. He worked last night and needed to be sleeping today, but he's so dedicated once he starts a project that he won't stop! The yard looks great.
- One of our neighbors owns the alarm company we use for home security. We had a sensor go bad and the technician was planning to bill us for the parts and labor. Our neighbor took care of it for us--we are so grateful!! I feel a batch of cookies heading their way this week...
- My friend Karie taught me how to make beaded socks for Sophie--she even brought over her supplies (beads, thread, crochet hook) and an extra pack of new socks and gave them all to me!! I love learning a new skill from someone who is a great teacher, and Karie is excellent at explaining things. I'll be whipping up some socks and posting pictures soon!
- I talked at another church this morning about budgeting and Dave Ramsey's class, and while it didn't go as well as the previous talks I've given, I'm grateful for the opportunity to talk to groups like that. If telling our story helps even one family, it's worth the effort.