Monday, April 6, 2009

Chairs that stay put!

I made the mistake of pulling a chair over to the counter ONE time so Sophie could stand on it and help me prepare dinner. She taught this skill to her brothers, and it's been a chair roller-derby at our house ever since. Sophie and Blake managed to get the child safety cap off of the flouride chewables recently (in the short span of Graham's diaper change), and after a call to Poison Control Brent and I realized we needed to nip this chair-scooting in the bud. (For those interested, a 2 1/2 year old needs to ingest approximately 60 flouride chewables before it's a real danger.)

So....here's our solution. See the bungee cords? Not pretty, but it does the trick.

3 comments:

Jennifer Gragg said...

LOL!!! So when are you having more terrors, errr...I mean, darling babies?! ;-)

thebiggsfamily said...

How funny! I love it! You're so creative!

Jen said...

Oh. My. Golly. The joys of being a mom of creative toddlers! LOL! I so hear ya!