The first post of 2010! As I look back at last year's new year's resolutions, I was initially sad that so many of them were unfulfilled: We didn't spend more time with friends, I didn't find a hairdresser I liked, and I really didn't simplify meals like I had planned.
However, 2009 marked a dramatic change in our family goals with the implementation of our debt-reducing, frugal living, Dave Ramsey lifestyle. Therefore, our only new year's resolution for this year is to remain steadfast and work as hard as possible to eliminate as much debt as possible!
Things we're thankful for this week:
- Brent's been off for the holiday for the past two weeks, and it's been nice having him home.
- Internet radio--I love listening to music at work.
- As much as I miss it, I'm thankful that I don't have my petsitting business during this time of year! Holidays were so rushed and stressful when I had my furry clients to take care of. It's nice to not have to worry about trekking outside in the cold weather!
- My friend Jeannette gave me a great book--"Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl" by Lysa Terkeurst. I'm enjoying it and recommend reading it!
- The coin-operated toys at the mall (the ride-on kind)--our kids will pretend to ride them forever! They actually prefer them to NOT be turned on...which was an unexpected pleasant (frugal) discovery! This is a fun way to get them out of the house when it's too cold to play outside.